Monday, March 9, 2015

Back in the Saddle!

Wow.  It's been over a week since I updated this little blog.  Let's see...what's been going on...? Honestly, it has been awful.  Hubs had a head cold; Jonah and I were afflicted with seasonal allergies to the extreme.  So, we basically paid the salaries of Kleenex and Robitussin workers this past week.  Side note: thank everything holy for Benadryl! Having the whole family sick at the same time was a nightmare.  

I blame all of the nastiness on the unpredictable weather.  In our neck of the woods, it has jumped from 40 to 70 and then back down to 20 within a 48 hour span.  On Saturday, we could have conceivably gotten a sunburn.  On Wednesday, this happened: 


This is the beginning of a snow volcano. 








 I've recently been loving black and white images. 
I'm sure you can't tell. 




And no, I did not let my sick child play in the snow.  He was well by this time, but I had a fever.  I just can't see not letting him play in the only accumulation we've gotten this year.  If I'd stayed on the couch instead, I would have felt guilty until the next snowfall (approximately February 2016).    

With all of the El Nino phenomena going on in my backyard, school has been hit and miss.  Hopefully they won't have to make up any days.  I think we're allowed three in Arkansas per school year.  But then again, if someone spills their Sonic cup of ice they call off school here (I kid, I kid). There was only one inclement weather day from the above snowstorm.  The weird thing about it was that it stopped snowing around 9 a.m. and all three inches of snow, and accumulated ice, were gone by 12 p.m.   I still find the drastic temperature fluctuations fascinating (and irritating) though.  

So, here's to hoping for a week of normal weather.  I think we're in the clear for spring now.  Jonah and I have been starting some plants indoors in preparation for sunshine.  Yesterday, we made seed paper, which I am currently putting together a tutorial for making.  It will be posted tomorrow.  I hope all of you are staying warm and dry and creative!  

xo, Karee 

No comments:

Post a Comment