Friday, February 6, 2015

About Me

Hi everyone.  I'm Karee (pronounced Carrie, but my mom had to be so cool).  I'm currently a SAHM/WAHM (whichever title you would prefer).  I have a son who lights up my life.  His name is actually Jonah.  I know some people are really weird about using their childrens' real names in the blogosphere, but it can't be worse than Facebook in my opinion.  We are expecting our second child (Finneaus) in May of this year and couldn't be more excited! The reason I left my job as the Secretary of State a server was to spend more time with my kids and be the wife I always wanted to become.  My undergraduate degree is in English Lit; I also have five minors.  These areas of interest contribute greatly to my ability to carry on a conversation, but severely limit my ability to procure actual employment outside the restaurant industry (despite suma cum laude).  My husband also has a degree in English Lit; he is a mailman.  You're welcome, Faulkner

Blogging is a new endeavor in our family dynamic.  Jonah and I craft a lot, and I have an Etsy store (which you can visit here).  We make a lot of different types of paintings and kid art, which is the main reason for starting this little adventure.  He is a huge helper and a very creative little soul, so you'll see him featured a lot.  My husband (Josh) is not equally creative, but he is emotionally vested in the happiness and emotional stability of me and Jo; therefore, he supports this wholly.  

You will see a lot of DIY projects, some non-stellar iPhonography, a moderate amount of kiddo pics, and the occasional public forum meltdown (I'm not holding myself to a standard that I cannot meet).  There will be painting, sewing, messes, successes, failures, and lots of laughter.  Also, I am a very social person.  I like to talk.  If you have comments, that makes my heart happy and I want to talk to you.  I take suggestions well.  They make the world go round.  

If you want something from me that cannot be purchased, I can be bribed with Cadbury Creme Eggs (95% success rate).
Thank you so much for stopping by.  Welcome to my little hidey hole on the interwebs! 

xo, Karee







 I didn't make my headband.  I bought it, but that doesn't stop me from shamelessly passing it off as my own work from time to time.  #YOLO 

No comments:

Post a Comment