Thursday, March 24, 2016

MAKE it: Boho Leather Cuff








After writing the article on Bohemian style, I was absolutely itching to infuse my life with more gypsy spirit.  Thanks to my years of craft hoarding, I have lots of available materials!  Bohemian jewelry is pretty easy to spot, so I thought I'd try my hand at making a leather cuff.  Cute, durable, and completely customizable, this quick craft is a great way to add some free-spirited flair to your body on the fly!  






You will need

* Leather cuff bracelet (I got a package of these for $2.99 )
*  Assorted trims (yarn, leather, beaded trim, wire, lace, fabric scraps, be creative!)
*  Charm or medallion for center
*  E-6000 
*  Scissors
*  Needle-nose pliers (if you're using wire!)

Project Time: 15 minutes 



Let's do it!  



Start with your cuff laying flat in front of you and locate the center.  
You may want to mark it in some way if you're really bad with getting
things perfectly aligned.  I totally made a mark.  



Next, flip it over and start wrapping with your first trim.  
I used lace for mine, making sure to keep it flat as I wound
it around the leather.  Your fingers are going to get sticky 
doing this part because that's just the nature of the game.  
Small price.  *wink* Just make sure that you get the ends of
your trim stuck down really well because you won't want it
to come undone! 


Add the next trim right beside the first.  It's ok if you get glue all over 
the back.  No one is going to notice it anyway, plus E-6000 is notoriously
messy to use.  (But it works so well I don't mind!)


Keep adding!  


And then keep adding some more! The back of mine isn't pretty, 
but I wasn't to upset about it.  No need to worry about making it 
perfect.  When you're done, flip it over.  



...and glue on your middle charm!  I used a silvertone OM
because it seemed totally befitting for a Boho bracelet.  I 
also think that flower cabochons would be so cute in there!  




That's it!  You're done!  Your bracelet should be ready to wear
in just a few minutes when the glue is no longer sticky.  Bear in mind,
it won't be completely dry for about 24 hours, but it should be just
fine!  Here's how mine turned out: 




I think that these would be especially adorable stacked!  
I love the idea of mixing a lot of different bracelets, particularly
during the warmer months.  





If you decide to do this project, I'd love to see the different ideas you come up with!  Upload your project pics in the comments! Sharing is caring, so feel free to share this link on social media (just remember to link back!).  Thanks so much for stopping by, lovelies!

xo, Karee

No comments:

Post a Comment